Measure and evaluate biological diversity
In addition to climate change, the conservation of biodiversity has recently received a great deal of attention and has developed into a key issue. In a 2019 report by the UN Scientific Panel on Biological Diversity, biodiversity is declining at a faster rate than in ten million years and one million plant- and animal species are threatened with extinction.
In Sweden today, 217 species are classified as extinct and there is therefore a great need to develop new knowledge and identify how different species and habitat types are affected by a changed climate. At the same time, it is becoming increasingly important for authorities, organizations and companies to measure and evaluate biological diversity with regard to different goals and strategies.
We help you with:
- Charting of how species and natural environments are affected by land use changes and a changing climate.
- Development of industry-specific indicators to follow up the effects of measures on biological diversity.
- Methodological support, guidance and evaluation.
- Investigation of how biological diversity can be integrated into environmental impact assessments and environmental assessments.
- Ecological compensation.
- Development of methods for integrating biodiversity into life cycle analyzes.